Tuesday, November 17, 2009

look at the clouds!

Today I was sitting with one of the babies, Cesar, at the guarderia outside and he kept making noises at me to get my attention...mostly...ahh, aaaa, ehhh. Finally I looked over at him and he was pointing up, I looked up expecting to see a plane or birds (because he is always such a fan of watching those) but instead I see a beautiful big puffy white cloud. It was huge and gorgeous. Then I turned back to him and his face was still gazing at the cloud...pure joy were in his eyes. It was a lovely picture.

I hate to admit it but today was a harder day for me. Just felt so so homesick. MCC orientation warned us that this month would probably be one of the hardest. I wouldnt say the hardest for me but it has been difficult. Knowing that people are gathering for the holidays...my family always have a thanksgiving breakfast that I absolutely love! Missing out on Josh´s family activities and seeing friends. But I am really just trying to keep going and finding joy in all places. I guess its just hard in S. Cruz since I dont really know where to go to be alone and reflect, transportation system isnt the best, we arent too encourage to be at MCC, and my host family hates it when they see me homesick...they just tell me to be strong. But enough complaining...

People have been wandering what my weeks look like and although they vary a lot I will try to give a general breakdown.

Monday-Friday

6:15am. wake up. dress. drink orange juice. catch bus to work.

7:30am. arrive at work. do whatever tasks are necessary. talk to the teachers, clean, receive the kids, talk to parents.

9am-12pm. Visit family(ies). Write reports on computer. Go to bank. Go to construction sites. Show visitors around the guarderia. Play with kids. Eat lunch with kids (always soup and a second dish. always.)

12pmish-2:30pmish. Nap with kids. A really great part of the day.

2:30-5:30-6pmish. Visit family(ies). Write reports on computer. Go to bank. Go to construction sites. Comb hair. Play with kids. Change diapers. Send kids home with parents. Talk with parents.

After 6pmish. Usually one of the following... Go to MCC to use internet or internet cafe. Hang out with the other SALTers. Chill with co-workers. Visit family(ies). On Wednesdays I usually go to MCC potluck.

9pm. watch a soap opera with host family.

Saturday-

Anything could happen on this day. Sometimes I go to the campo. Sometimes chill with the family. Usually go to mass at 8pm at the local capilla.

Sunday-

Day of rest. Skype. Email. Read. etc.

I apologize. My weeks really do vary so this is description is very vague and probably doesnt make any sense.

I will try to post more videos and pictures later this week!

Please keep the prayers coming :)

1 comment:

  1. No te acostumbres a las novelas, jejejejeje! I will miss you on black friday. I won't even go shopping :(

    ReplyDelete