Monday, January 25, 2010

I really like pictures

Alright, so, I realize that I have been using a lot of pictures in my latest entries...and all I want to say is, it is not because I don't want to write a REAL entry. Its that I love pictures so I figure so does everyone else! Some are old pictures but honestly, I don't have anything interesting to blog about except for maybe complaints...but that is not interesting and I don't want to self indulge in self pity about stupid things like mosquitoes :P So here is my last month of work of 2009 in pictures and some family too :)
This is a picture of my 10 year old host sister, Nati (short for Natalia) holding my six month old host niece, Genesis. Yes, Genesis is bundled up even though it was probably about 80 degress when this picture was taken (okay, maybe 75). But that is how the Bolivians do. Kids get sick from being cold. Anyway, I love how fat and adorable Genesis is.

This child doesn't actually attend the guaderia but is actually a relative of one of our kids. So precious I couldnt resist!

This is the latest picture I have of the new building that is being constructed. I am excited to say that since I took this picture the roof is complete and the floors are installed, whoo hoo!

Boys will be boys.

Dancing! We had a end of the year birthday party for all of the kids in December. It was so fun! Here are two girls dancing merengue. They learn young...that is why they are so amazing at dancing.

The cake. Yumm. And the "canasta" which are gift/candy bags the teachers made for the kids.


My friend Daniel and I. He is engaged to a SALTER who came a few years ago. He is always helping around the daycare. It was a hot day...can you tell? :)

We had pinata for every classroom. The baby pinata was full of candy, toys, and baby powder! At first Haylen cried because she was shocked when all the powder exploded all over her but she quickly got over it once she realized we were all laughing and helping her grab candy.

Smile! Everything is all good.


3 comments:

  1. Those pictures are so cute! I like the last one of the little girl and the one of the boy who doesn't really attend the guarderia :)

    and yes that is funny that they put baby powder in the pinatas hehe. that would definitely be surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I feel sad or depressed at work I look at this picture and everything seems a lot better.

    ReplyDelete