Monday, March 29, 2010

Lost the battles...

But I have won the war! Sorry for the delayed posting. It was all for a good reason.

So many of you may know, and some of you may not. One of my challenges this year has been having little creatures crawl throughout my scalp, make babies, and suck my blood. Yes, piojos...aka lice. It all started when my family came to visit...in December....

My head was itching like no other, and my mama told me, "Arelis, I think you have lice." And I said (after considering all of the lice infested kids at the guarderia)..."Mama, I think you are right." And she was. It was confirmed later that week by my host mom, Juana.
Little did I know at that point in time that I would be fighting long battles up until the end of March. 3 months. So in this posting, I want to thank all the people who helped me fight and eventually win...by combing, plucking, shampooing my hair (at one point Juana (host mom) put rubbing alcohol in my hair), and pulling out and popping eggs.



Josh, Kathy, Juana (host mom), Juana (MCC), Julie, Laurie, Corrie's host mom, Vicky, Maritza, Liz, Lupe, Paolo, Corrie.

I may sound dramatic...and its because it was. Hopefully, I will make it through the rest of my year without getting it again!

But working with the precious kids at the guarderia makes it all worth it!

5 comments: